This is one high carb dish that serves as a good one pot lunch or heavy breakfast.
1. Sago seeds, soaked in water for 6 hours.
2. Salt to taste
3. 2 cups Hash browns
4. 1 onion, chopped
5. 6-7 Fresh Curry leaves, washed
7. 1 tsp Turmeric powder
8. Sugar (optional)
9. 1 tsp Mustard seeds (rai)
10. 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
11. A pinch of heeng
12. Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
13. Red chili powder
1. Heat oil in a wok.
2. Add some mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
3. Add jeera seeds and let it sizzle.
4. Add onion, curry leaves, turmeric powder, and heeng.
5. Saute until translucent.
6. Add has browns and cook until they turns golden brown.
7. Add red chili powder and mix well
8. Add Sabudane and Salt
9. Turn the flame to medium-low and cook until the sabundana loses its colour and becomes translucent.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve warm as a main dish.