Saturday, March 21, 2009

Salad decoration

Salad goes with about everything and will be welcomed by everyone alike because it's healthy. There are many types of dressings out there but sometimes it's just fun decorating vegetables and not worrying about the dressing. There are lots of ways to make your salad look pretty. This is one simple way. It was fun doing this. The key was to group together similar shapes and colors. Having orange in the middle circle and light colors on the innermost and uttermost circles brought out the visual interest. The directions to make the strategically placed tomato rose will be presented in another post. Stay tuned...

How do you decorate your salad?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is nicely decorated. and that rose from tomatoes is awesome.!!! :)

Priyanka Agrawal said...

:D:D Thanks, Anon! You have known this trick longer than I have!

Anonymous said...

but I did not made this good ur good Food Fanatic.:)

Anonymous said...

You can also make a bucket from tomatoes and fill it with other salads for the decoration. it will look good

Priyanka Agrawal said...

wow thts a gr8 idea! u gota gv me a 1:1

Saritha said...

Nicely decorated with roses

Chutneytales said...

Love the tomato rose..Nice idea :)

Finla said...

Wow the salade looks too beautiful to eat.
I never decorate mine, just into a bowl anf then to the serving plate.

Anonymous said...

I am new to your blog and love it! I can never decorate my salads but my Mom is amazing at it,especially the tomato rose and the carrot flowers.

Looking forward to your future posts!

Trupti said...

lovely decoration..love the rose

A_and_N said...

Rose is gorgeous!

Usha said...

This salad looks lovely, loved the rose on top !

Priyanka Agrawal said...

Thanks, Varunavi.

Yes, Madhu. This rose has become my favorite garnishing technique now! haha

Happy cook, we are in the same boat ;) hopefully this series will familiarize with new styles

Aww, thanks Priyanka! So happy to have you as a visitor on my blog. Please do revisit and so shall I :) Looking forward to your comments in future!

Thanks, Trupti, A_and_N, and Usha!

Search Food Fanatic

Food Fanatic Search Results