So, my mom has been spoiling me all this while. Although I help her, she never let's me cook the full meal. But today I finally managed to get both my hands on the stove. Here is what I cooked up.
1. 2 pounds Cabbage, shredded or sliced
2. 1 medium sized potato, chopped into wedges
3. 2 tablespoons olive oil
4. 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
5. 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
6. 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
7. 2 heaping teaspoons coriander powder
8. 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
9. 1 bay leaf
10. 1 teaspoon amchoor (dried mango) powder
11. Salt to taste
12. 3/4 cup peas
13. 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
14. 1/4 tablespoon ginger, minced
15. 1 small tomato, chopped
16. Pinch of heeng
1. Heat oil in a big pan.
2. When the oil is hot, add a bay leaf and mustard seeds.
3. When the seeds start to crackle, add cumin seeds, ginger, and garlic.
4. Add turmeric powder, heeng, red chili powder, and sautee on medium heat for a few minutes.
5. Add tomato and cover lid. Cook on low heat for 5mins.
6. Add potato wedges and cook until they discolor slightly.
7. Add cabbage and coriander powder and mix well.
8. Add peas and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, mixing occasionally.
9. When the vegetables start to stick to the bottom, add salt. This will make the vegetables release water and prevent them from sticking.
10. Add amchoor powder and cook for another 15 mins on low flame or until done.
Garnish as desired and serve hot with paranthas or as a filling to a sandwich. Green leafy vegetable galore!