Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Garnishing tip and techniques for food: Simplicity sensation using ingredients from the dish

Welcome back to post three of garnishing tips and techniques for Indian food. Through Garnishing tips and techniques we endeavor to project myriad and fascinating ways to make food look more appealing. As a part of this series, every week we will present an exciting and new garnishing style from fellow foodies around the globe. I hope that my readers have been thoroughly enjoying this series as much as I have been having fun presenting fellow foodies and their incredible food decoration styles. I've been by swamped by emails for this event and I sincerely thank all those who came out to willingly share their garnishing secrets with us.

Today, I present in front of you: Kalva from our own CurryinKadai. I am particularly fond of Kalva's simple yet sensational garnishing style. From the United States, Kalva sends us her Seasoned Spicy Black Eyed peas garnished with edibles! Kalva's says her garnishing mantra is to use ingredients of the recipe for the garnish. Isn't that an easy yet smart thing to do? Her black eyed peas stole my heart as she placed a fresh green curry leaf at the center of the bowl and as she threw in some lively bright yellow ( with a piece of lemon on the side) to add visual interest. Kalva is one of those people I have admired for being modest and for being able to make an impression without having to try too hard. This dish looks great and I am sure it tastes great too! The garnishing definitely makes your dish more inviting, Kalva! Thanks for sharing this with us!


Next week, we will bring forth another incredibly talented fellow foodie. Keep reading!

Garnishing tip and techniques archive:
The unconventional wonder: How to use a stencil for decorating food
The vegetable marvel: How to carve carrots

7 comments:

Chutneytales said...

I like her idea of garnishing the dish with its ingredient..The curry looks tasty :)

Meenal Mehta said...

very nice:)

Saritha said...

Nice idea

A_and_N said...

Garnishing with edibles makes sense. I guess for a lot of preparations, the tadka or spluttering serves as a garnish as well as gives it a nice glaze :)

Meenal Mehta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Meenal Mehta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Priyanka Agrawal said...

Madhu - you are awesome! I love you visiting me blog :D

Yes, Varunavi and Meenal. It is indeed nice :)


That's a great point A_and_N. Glazing with tadka sounds awesome :D Never thought of it as a garnishing style.

Search Food Fanatic

Food Fanatic Search Results