1. Chole, 1 can, washed and drained.
2. Chopped spinach, 400g or so
4. Tomato paste, 2 tbsp
5. Onion, sliced
6. Ginger, grated.
7. Green chili, 3, minced
9. Chana masala, 3-4 tsp to taste
10. 1-2 tsp cumin powder
11. 1 tsp coriander powder
12. 1 tsp turmeric powder
13. Salt and chili powder to taste.
1. Heat a wok.
2. Add oil then add cumin and heeng.
3. When the cumin turns dark brown, add green chili, onion, and ginger.
4. When the onions turn golden brown, add tomato paste.
5. Mix well until the paste leaves the oil.
6. Add turmeric powder, chana masala, coriander powder, spinach and half cup water.
7. Cover and cook until the spinach melts.
8. Add chickpeas and some more water.
9. Add salt and asjust seasoning as necessary.
10. Cover and cook to a desired consistency.
Serve warm with Roti.
Inspired by Manjula's Kitchen.