1. Garlic, minced
2. Ginger, minced
3. Onion chopped
4. Green chili, minced
5. Tomato, chopped
6. Toor dal, 1 cup
7. Cumin seeds
8. Mustard seeds
9. Methi (fenugreek) seeds
12. Turmeric powder
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
2. Add methi and mustard seeds and let it crackle.
3. The add cumin seeds and heeng and let it sizzle.
4. Add onion, garlic, ginger, chili and fry.
5. Add turmeric powder and washed toor dal.
6. Stir then add water, tomato, and salt.
7. Close the cover of the pressure cooker and let 5-6 whistles to blow.