Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Succulent Chicken Breast

I've always wanted to be able to cook perfectly juicy chicken breasts. I've been experimenting for the last couple of tries and failed. Mr. Husband would complain that the stuff was too dry. Then I gave in and decided to cheat. I looked up these online recipes and they did help. I like to do my research and read up more than one recipe to confirm the directions. Call me paraniod but I put a lot of heart and effort into my dishes so I want to be sure I am doing the right thing before I start. Anyhow, I'm impressed with the results.

So now I know it. The trick to succulent chicken breasts are twofold: 1) pound the heck out of them 2)cook covered on low heat. How easy was that? But the Indian in me could have never guessed!

Thanks to the cyber world I achieved success with a recipe that was outside my comfort zone. :-)

Serves 2.

Ingredients:
1. 2 chicken breasts
2. Salt
3. pepper
4. Butter, 2-3 tbsp
5. Olive oil, 1 tsp


Directions:
1. Wash the chicken breasts well.
2. Cover them with parchment paper.
3. Pound well untill all parts are even and flat.
4. Make slits using a knife.
5. Rub salt, pepper and olive oil on the side up.
6. Heat a skillet and melt butter.
7. With the smooth part up, add the chicken breasts in the skillet and cook on medium high until it browns slightly.
8. Flip the breasts and cover and cook on medium low heat for exactly 10 mins.
9. Turn off heat and let it sit covered for another 10 mins.

Voila! Yummy juicy chicken breasts are ready. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve over a bed of pasta or cut them up to throw them in a salad or into a rice dish , or as a main with a side of salad and roasted potatoes. The choices are umpteen.

And what  a happy coincidence! This matches my detox diet! Am I happy or am I happy?!

3 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Fantastic platter,love for my dinner.

Priyanka Agrawal said...

thx dear

Home Cooked food said...

tempting platter. do visit me too.

Search Food Fanatic

Food Fanatic Search Results