Indian fried rice is a popular Indian dish. Often served with Tandoori chicken, it's a hit meal of all times.
Cooked with Basmati rice, Indian herbs and spices, and lots of vegetables, Desi style fried rice is indeed a mélange of rich colors, and features bold and blissful combinations.
Although I despise Fried rice for health reasons, the taste is compelling and hard to stay away from, even for me. Mr. Husband suggested I take time off from my healthy eating obsession this weekend.
So, here comes the tasty Desi style Fried rice that will tickle your taste buds and satiate your appetite.
1. 1 cup cooked Basmati rice.
2. 2 cups frozen vegetables.
3. Mustard seeds
4. Cumin seeds
5. Oil, 2 tablespoons
6. Coriander powder, 3 teaspoons
7. Salt to taste
8. Red chili powder
9. Bay leaf, 1
10. Red chili, dried 1.
11. Turmeric powder
1. Heat oil in a non stick pan
2. Add bay leaf, one dried red chili, and mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
3. Add cumin seeds and allow it to brown.
4. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, and red chili powder.
5. Add cooked rice, salt and mix.
6. Add vegetables and cover. Cook for 15-20mins on low heat
Serve warm with raita, chutney, or by itself.