Gazar ka halwa is a famous North Indian dessert. It is popular during the winter days in North India. I made this dish after more than 10 years! Great recipes are never forgotten ;-)
Serves 4-6. No preparation required.
1. 300gms carrot, shredded
2. 2 litre milk
3. 1 fist raisins (kishmish)
4. 5 tablespoons sugar
5. Few strands of saffron (kesar)
1. Boil milk in a huge vessel. Stir continuously until the milk boils to avoid it from burning or sticking.
2. Add the shredded carrot and stir continuously until the milk boils.
3. Keep cooking the carrot milk on medium flame and stir occasionally.
4. Add raisins, saffron.
5. When the milk has almost been absorbed by the carrot, add sugar
Garnish with blanched cashews and almonds.
Serve warm as dessert. I am told that carrot pudding is heaven together with vanilla ice cream or without. Try it and let me know what you think ;-)