1. Okra 1 pound, chopped
2. mustard seeds, 1 tsp
3. cumin seeds, 1 tsp
4. heeng, a pinch
5. Salt to taste
6. Red chili powder, 1.5 tsp
7. turmeric powder, 1 tsp
8. dried red chili
1. Heat a wok and and oil.
2. Add mustard seeds and dried red chili.
3. When the mustard crackles, add cumin seeds.
4. When the cumin sizzles, add heeng and turmeric powder.
5. Add okra and mix well.
6. Cook until the okra turns slightly brown.
7. Add red chili powder and salt.
8. Mix well.
Serve with Aloo ki Kadi and Roti. Alternatively serve as a side with Dal and Rice.