This dish needs preparation unless you choose to use canned red kidney beans available at the stores. I prefer to soak my beans overnight rather than using canned or preserved food products.
1. 5 fists of red kidney beans, soaked overnight.
2. Salt to taste
3. Onion, 1
4. Garlic, 2 pods
5. Cumin seeds, 1 tsp
6.Thai green chili, 1
7. Rajma powder, MDH, 3-4 tsp
8. Tomato paste, 3-4 tsp
10. heeng, a pinch
11. turmeric powder, 1 tsp
1. Grate onion, garlic, chili.
2. Pressure cooker kidney beans and allow 4-5 whistles to blow.
3. Heat a wok and then add oil.
4. Add cumin seeds and let it sizzle.
5. Add a pinch of heeng and turmeric powder.
6. Add the grated paste and mix well. Cook until it slightly changes colour.
7. Add in rajma masala and tomato paste
8. Cook until it leaves the oil.
9. Add some water as per desired consistency.
10. Let it simmer for 10 mins.
11. Add in boiled kidney beans and mix well.
12. Simmer for another 10-15 mins.
Serve warm with steamed white Basmati Rice.