This dish can be made vegetarian by replacing the chicken with some vegetables. In fact, this is my first take at a non veg pasta. I was pleased with the result. It was a nice change from the regular Indian cuisine that we have been eating.
1. Olive oil or butter. I used olive oil for health reasons.
2. 2 pods of garlic, minced
3. 1/2 red onion, chopped (optional). This gives the dish a nice crunch.
4. 1 pound skinless, boneless, chicken breast
5. Red chili flakes
8. Black pepper
9. Salt to taste
10. 2 pinches of ground nutmeg
11. Whole wheat pasta penne or fettucine
12. Parmeson cheese
13. Alfredo sauce (home made or store bought).
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, boil water.
2. Add the pasta penne and cook until al-dente.
3. In the meantime, heat a wok.
4. Add olive oil to the heated wok.
5. Throw in red onion and garlic and saute until the red onions become transclucent.
6. Then add basil, oregano, black pepper, red pepper flakes, salt, nutmeg, and chicken.
7. Cook covered on medium heat until the chicken is fully cooked.
8. Go back to the pasta and drain the water and add it to the chicken sauce.
Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on top.