Inspired by A_and_N and other food buddies, I ventured into a new arena today: Baking! This is my first ever baked cake, made from scratch. Also, today is a major milestone for Food Fanatic's Blog. It's her first anniversary! Thanks to all of you for inspiring me, encouraging me, appreciating me, and supporting me, and always setting higher standards to motivate me. I am sure I will look back on this blog one day when I am 70, and smile. It's going to be an awesome feeling and I am positive about that. My grand kids will hate me for the stuff I will say to them: "When I was your age....." :)
1. 1.5 cup of all purpose flour
2. 1/4 cup white sugar
3. 1/3 cup cooking oil
4. 1 egg
5. 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Throw everything together and blend with an electric hand blender.
2. In an aluminum pan, spray non stick cooking oil then pour the batter in layers.
3. Cook at 400 degrees C for about 20-25 mins or until the knife comes out clear.
Serve with fruits and drizzle maple syrup for added sweetness if desired.
Devour to the fullest because as A_and_N puts it, C.A.K.E stands for Cant Avoid, Keep Eating!
Happy Birthday, Blog Food-Fanatic! And here is to many more to come!