Food fanatic does not belong to the land of snake charmers...she belongs to the land of SAMOSAS! :D And for once, I don't need a translation! Samosas are for everyone.
The filling of Samosas feature potato in a bold and blissful combination of herbs and spices, including cilantro, red chili powder, coriander, ginger, and turmeric. Taste the dazzling notes of dried mango powder in the gusto of the outer layer of these crunchy delectable.
You will love me for this, I tell you :P
For the filling
1. Mashed potatoes
3. Turmeric powder
4. Boiled peas
5. Chopped fresh cilantro
7. Red chili powder
8. Ginger, finely chopped
9. Coriander powder, dhania
10. Amchoor (dried mango powder)
For the outer crust:
1. Maida (all purpose flour)
2. Oil to make the dough moist
For the filling
1. Heat oil in a saucepan
2. Add mustard seeds and let it crackle
3. Add cumin seeds
4. Add potatoes and all spices including fresh coriander leaves and cook until the potatoes turn slightly brown.
5. Add salt and peas and allow the peas to soften.
6. Set aside and let cool.
For the crust
1. Make a dough of all purpose flour then pinch out small balls of it.
2. Roll these balls with a rolling pin and flatten to form an oval
3. Bisect the oval through the diameter
4. Dampen the sides of the semicircles. This will help them stick together when we fold it.
5. Pick up one semicircle and fold it half ways on both sides to form a cone like shape.
6. Stuff in the cooked potatoes and seal the lower part by pressing it together.
7. Deep fry
Serve hot with Chole and Chutney.
East or west - Samosas are a universal favorite.