Where was Food fanatic all this while?
Well, I was down with pneumonia for the past two weeks. The kitchen's power of attorney had to be given to my dear mom. Thanks to my well wishers for the 'Get well soon' messages and thanks mom for taking care of me!
But I am back with a bang and loaded with more yummy recipes to share with you that I saw my mom cooking up. And of course you have to see/hear about my rave over the new Nikon D60 I was gifted on my birthday to click all these delicious temptations! Mouth watering clicks, here I come!
Pic1: Nikon D60
Pic2: Canon Powershot SD790 IS
Today's recipe features a common vegetable that is served on the plate in any household. Yes, we are talking about cauliflower. There are lots of ways to cook cauliflower but this traditional classic way continues to win my heart. This is my mom's recipe and I relish this like no other. It's healthy and I can eat a bowl full for dinner or snack without worrying too much about my calorie intake.
4. Red chili powder
5. Amchoor (dried mango) powder
6. Peas optional
7. Mustard seeds
8. Cumin seeds
9. Turmeric powder
1. Heat oil and add mustard seeds. Let it crackle.
2. Add cumin seeds and then cauliflower florets
3. Add turmeric powder and cook uncovered on high flame, turning occasionally.
4. When half done, cover and let cook on low flame
5. Add red chili powder, peas, and amchoor powder and cover and cook again
6. Add salt.
Serve with Paranthas or rice and dahl.