Both Mr. Husband and I are huge fans of Starbucks Chocolate Cupcakes. Paying a hefty price for them along with the calorie intake, however, often holds us back from devouring this heavenly treat.
I decided I would venture into baking cupcakes. For those of you who have been following me from the start must be aware that with trepidation, had I entered the world of baking. It was way back when that I had discovered that baking is not rocket science. But today I baked with greater confidence.
Although Mr. Husband had apprehensions over my baking skills, I managed to get him to come around. He pitched in with the beating and measurements and deserves the credit for the outcome as much as I do. Delighted with the results, we'd recommend this recipe to any newbie baker. This recipe will drift you away to chocolate paradise.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened or melted
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- Store bought Frosting and Decoration sprinkles (optional)
Crazy about cakes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well. Fill the muffin cups 1/2 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Frost with chocolate favorite frosting when cool.
- Sprinkle decoration on top.