Indulging in Aloo ki Kachori or Poori is like doing something guilty that makes you happy. Loaded with oil and carbs, this pastry is a flavourful special occasion dish. Despite the lacking in the nutritional department, Aloo ki Kachori will appease your senses and fulfill your appetite like no other. It is the one that makes you long for more.This is one homely lip-smacking meal that satisfies your hunger as well as delights your taste buds. Don't count the calories on this one - it's OK to take a break from healthy eating once in a while, isn't it? I think this is a reward for my hard work and healthy-living ethic all this while. I'll think about the burning off the fat with a strenuous work-out later :-)
Om nom nom nom!
1. Potatoes, boiled, peeled, mashed
2. Maida (All purpose flour), 2 cups
3. Salt to taste
4. Amchoor (Dried mango powder)
5.Red chili powder
1. Mix salt, amchoor, red chili powder into the mashed potatoes.
2. Make a moist dough of maida with oil, salt. Then add water.
3. After kneading the dough well, pinch out small balls and roll between your palms to flatten the balls. Make it a little on the wet side (not a hard dough)
4. Using a rolling pin, flatten the ball.
5. Place some potatoes at the center of this flatten ball. Then use this technique to seal the potatoes inside the flattened ball.
6. Next flatten the stuffed ball with a gentle hand and make a slit on one side (to avoid the bread from bursting when fried)
7. Deep fry.
Serve hot and fresh with Aloo ka Achaar and Aloo Tamatar ki sabzi.