Ras Malai is a popular Indian dessert. Ras malai is flattened, white cheese balls soaked in saffron infused, thickened and sweetened cream, delicately flavoured with cardamom.
1. Half and half milk, 1L
4. Strands of saffrom
5. Cardamom powder
6. Paneer (cottage cheese) for the cheese balls.
1. Boil the half and half milk with a few strands of saffrom.
2. Reduce the flame and simmer until the milk thickens and reduces to half.
3. Let it cool.
6. Sprinkle cardamom powder and pistaichoes.
Refrigerate for a few hours. Serve chilled. Sweet decadent!
To make the cheese balls, follow any one of the following procedures:
1. Paneer can be made at home by adding a few tsp of lemon juice to milk and then straining the liquid and retaining the thickened part of the milk. You can make small balls of the thickened part which is paneer.
2. You can buy paneer from a grocery store.
3. You can bake balls of ricotta cheese in a muffin tray in the oven at 350 deg for abt 30-40mins. Cool before dropping into the condensed milk.