This is my mom's favorite. Simple yet tasty.
1. 3 small potatoes, cut in wedges
2. oil3. 1 tsp mustard seeds
4. 1 tsp cumin seeds
5. Heeng, a pinch
6. 1.5 tsp amchoor powder (dried mango)
7. 1 tsp red chili powder
8. Salt to taste
9. 3-4 Spring onions, chopped
10. Turmeric powder
1. Heat oil in a non stick pan then add mustard seeds.2. When it splutters, add cumin seeds and heeng.
3. When the cumin sizzles and turns dark brown, add turmeric powder.
4. Then add potatoes and mix well.
5. Fry on high heat stirring occasionally until the potatoes turn light golden.
6. Add spring onions, amchoor, red chili powder, and salt.
7. Cover and cook on low-medium heat for 5-7 mins.
Serve warm as a side with Kadi and white steamed rice.