Saturday, August 6, 2011

Fish Curry

I didn't realize that it has been nearly 3 years since I started blogging and that this is my 151st post! Over these years, I have been inspired and encouraged by some very talented photographers, cooks, writers, and bloggers in the online world. I have learned a lot from others as well as from myself. I have seen myself evolve as well with each post. I look forward to the day I become a grandma and show my grandkids my blog. They will perhaps never care for this or who knows, they will?! But I am sure this blog will make me happy at that age and will be not only a chronicle or my musings in the kitchen but also a reminiscence of the time gone by.


Serves 2. No prep required.

1. Salmon, skinless, boneless, 3-4 pieces (I used frozen)
2. 1 tsp mustard seeds
3. 1 tsp cumin seeds
4. 10-15 fresh curry leaves
5. A pinch of heeng
6. Oil
7. Salt
8. Turmeric powder
9. Garlic, 4 pods, minced
10. 1 thai green chili, minced
11. 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
12. fresh tomatoes, chopped (I used tomato paste)
13. Coriander powder, 1 tsp
14. Fish curry masala, 3-4 tsp
15. Garam masala, 2 tsp

Instructions:
1. Rub turmeric powder and salt on the surface on the fish (both sides) then microwave for 5 mins, covered.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3.. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
4. Add cumin seeds and let it sizzle.
5. Add heeng, wait for a min.
6. Add chili, garlic, onion, curry leaves and fry until the onion is translucent and the garlic looks cooked.
7. Add tomatoes (fresh or paste) and mix well.
8. Cook on medium-high heat until it leaves the oil.
9. Add fish curry masala, garam masala, coriander powder, salt and mix.
10. Simmer for 5 mins, stirring occasionally. Check the spices and adjust seasoning.
11. Add the fish pieces and some water. (i added about a cup). You can also add 2-3 tsp milk for a better consistency.
12. Cover and cook for 10 mins on low heat.

Serve with roti.

2 comments:

Prathima Rao said...

The blog is definitely something u will be happy n proud of throughout!!! Good luck to u for many more wonderful yrs of blogging..And the curry looks tongue tickling!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Priyanka Agrawal said...

Thanks, Praathima! Your words are kind :)

Search Food Fanatic

Food Fanatic Search Results