3. 2-3 Potatoes - boiled, peeled, mashed
4. Salt to taste
5. Red chili powder, 1 tsp or to taste
6. Sugar 1.5 tsp
7. Juice of a small lemon
8. Coriander powder, .5 tsp
9. Cumin powder, 1 tsp
10. Garlic, 2 pods, minced
11. Ginger, 1 inch, minced
12. Garam masala, 1 tsp
1. Make a dough of the whole wheat flour using water. Add some oil to knead into a smooth dough.
2. Mix mashed potatoes with salt, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, and ginger. Set aside.
3. Pinch out a small ball of wheat dough and flatten it using a rolling pin as shown in this post.
4. At the center of this flattened dough, place a small ball of the mashed potatoes.
Note: Try to keep the potato ball size to be the same size as the size of the dough you pulled out in step 3.
5. Now swirl the sides of the flattened dough around the potato ball like this and then seal the sides by joining all the sides together as shown below.
6. Pinch out the top of the excess dough.
7. Flatten this (dough ball stuffed with potato filling) with your hands. Use a rolling pin to flatten the opposite side of the ball.
8. Cook on medium heat on a pan on one side until it starts to form small black dots or lines on the side that is in contact with the pan.
9. Smear minimal oil on the upper side and then flip.
10. Repeat step 8 and 9 for this side.
Serve warm as dinner with Raita and pickles.