Pasta once again...this time without any tomato or cheese...for the vegan. Without ado, here we go!
1. Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
2. Frozen vegetables (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower)
3. Catelli Whole wheat Pasta penne, 1/4 box
4. Minced garlic, 1 tablespoon
5. Minced ginger, 1 tablespoon
6. Red chili sauce
7. Dijon mustard sauce, 1/4 tablespoon
8. Freshly ground black pepper, a dash
9. Salt to taste
10. Lemon (optional)
1. Boil water in a big pot.
2. Add pasta and allow to cook for about 45 mins.
3. When the pasta softens, drain water and keep aside.
4. In another pan, heat olive oil.
5. Add minced garlic and ginger and fry for 2-3 mins.
6. Add vegetables and cook for 5 minutes
7. Add mustard and red chili sauce and cook for another 2 mins. These two ingredients give the bland pasta a kick!
8. Add pasta and mix well.
9. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper, lemon, and red chili sauce.
Serve hot with salad or mashed potatoes! Tasty and wholesome dinner in a jiffy!
And this post was specially composed for The Italian event of Vaishali's Holy Cow!