Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sevaiyan (Dessert)

I make it  a point to reference or give credit to recipes if they are not originally mine. But there are some people who like to boast in public or showcase their dishes to others without giving any public credits to the source of the recipe/inspiration/or person who taught them how to make it. A big part (or who cares even if its a small part) of what they cook is actually an outcome of what someone else shared (a recipe with them) or taught them in good faith. It is against my ethics to take credit for other people's deeds. It is against my values. If you are one of such person - I do not appreciate you. It saddens me to see you do this. If you don't have the skill to create your own recipe, don't show it off. If you still want to show off your dishes, at least you should have the conscience to reference the source or person who showed you how to make it on the same platform where you are showing yourself off. If you can do neither of the aforementioned but still want to show off your cooking - may God forgive you. But remember - there is something called karma! No matter what you do - I'll continue to behave as per my code of conduct. I am happy to be ethical about this whole thing and that I can answer my conscience.

This recipe was introduced to me by my friend Shikha.




The charm of this recipe comes from the fact that it is an easy to make yet delicious Indian dessert. Most Indian desserts take an elaborate preparation. But this one won my heart on account of the short time it can be prepared in. Perfect for the last minute or for unexpected guests.


Serves 4-6. No preparation required.

Ingredients:
1. Feniya
2. Milk, about 4 cups
3. Sugar 4-6tbsp as per taste
4. Soaked almonds, chopped and skin removed
5. Raisins (optional)
6. Cardamom powder

Instructions:
1. Boil milk in a vessel
2. Let it cool
3. Add sugar to the lukewarm milk and mix.
4. Warm the milk again and then add feniya, cardamom powder and almonds.
5. Bring to a boil.

Serve warm.

Thanks, Shikha! I miss you very much.

No comments:

Search Food Fanatic

Food Fanatic Search Results