1. Mustard seeds, 1 tsp
2. Cumin seeds, 1 tsp,
4. heeng, 1/8th tsp
5. Turmeric powder, abt 1 tsp
6. Amchoor powder, 2 tsp
7. Salt to taste
8. Red chili powder, 1/2 tsp
9. Coriander powder, 1/2 tsp (optional)
10. Dried red chili, 2, broken
11. Small potatoes, 3, peeled and cut in weges
12. Long Chinese eggplants, 3, cut in wedges
1. Heat a non stick wok.
2. Add oil then, red chili and then add mustard seeds.
3.When the seeds splutter, add cumin seeds and heeng.
4. When the cumin seeds turn dark brown, add turmeric powder.
5. Add potatoes and mix well.
6. Saute until the potatoes turn golden brown.
7. Throw in the eggplant and mix again. You can add a few tablespoons of water at this time.
8. Cover and cook until al dente.
9. Next add coriander powder, red chili powder, amchoor powder, and salt.
11. Cook for about 10 mins on medium low heat or until the vegetables break when pierced with a wooden spatula.
Serve warm with Indian bread.