Monday, July 18, 2011
2. Tomato paste
3. Yogurt, 1 cup
4. cream 1 cup
9. Butter chicken masala
10. Butter chicken paste (optional)
11. Boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut in pieces
12. Lemon juice (optional)
13. Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves - these are milder and less bitter than the seeds)
14. Deghee mirch.
1. Whisk yogurt and add butter chicken masala, lemon juice, and chicken to it. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
2. Heat ghee in a non stick pan and when melted, add sliced onions and brown sugar to it.
3. When caramelized, set aside and cool.
4. Make a puree of the caramelized onions. This will impart sweetness to the sauce.
5. Heat ghee in a wok, add butter chicken sauce, tomato paste, and onion puree.
6. Saute for a few minutes then add cream and deghee mirch. (I used half and half instead of full cream).
Note: The tomato paste, cream, and mirch will impart a nice orange-red colour to the curry.
7. Bake the marinade chicken in the oven for 40min at 350 degrees on parchment paper so that it doesn't stick to the base.
8. Add chicken pieces and salt to the sauce you made in step 6. You can add milk at this time to increase the gravy.
9. Simmer on medium low heat for about 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
10. Top with kasoori methi and add another dalllop of fresh cream as a garnish.
Serve with Naan or Steamed white basmati rice.