Saturday, July 9, 2011
2. Garlic pods, crushed
3. Green chili, crushed
4. Salt to taste
5. Chopped fresh coriander leaves, a small bunch
6. Oil for deep frying
7. Chick pea flour (Besan)
8. Red chili powder
9. Lemon juice or amchoor powder
10. Heeng, a pinch
11. Sodium bi carbonate
12. Green onion, chopped
13. Fresh Curry leaves, 2-3 springs
14. Turmeric powder, 1 tsp
1.Heat oil in a non stick wok.
2. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
3. Add garlic, green onion, chili, curry leaves and saute.
4. Add potatoes, salt, turmeric powder, coriander leaves, lemon juice and cook mix well.
5. Add some fresh green chili on top. Set aside to cool. Make small balls of this potato when cooled.
6. Make a batter of besan, heeng, sodium bicarb, red chili powder (1/4 tsp), salt and water.
7. Dip the potato balls in this batter.
8. Deep fry.
Serve hot with Dhania ki Chutney and Chai.
Serve with buns and call it Vada Pav (a popular Maharashtrian street food)