Recently, I went to an Aunt's house. She was kind enough to give me an entire jar of this pickle that she had prepared at home. I was on cloud nine. Seeing my love for this pickle, when I came home, my MIL made it for me. Here is her recipe:
1. Carrots, 4-5, peeled and then juilienned
2. Jalapeno peppers, about 2 fist fulls, julienned
3. Oilve oil, 7-10 tbsp
4. Rai or mustard powder, 3-4 tsp
5. Turmeric powder, 2 tsp
6. Salt to taste
7. Sugar, 1 tsp (optional)
1. Wash and pat dry the carrots and jalapeni peppers. Then pat dry.
2. Mix everything together.
3. Leave at room temperature for a couple of days.
4. Store in an air tight jar in the fridge.
It will last for more than a couple of weeks.
Serve as a side with Roti, vegetables, or Rice and lentil soup.