No preparation required.
Fresh homemade tomato soup, nothing like it. Ideal when tomatoes are in season and plentiful. It can also be prepared with vegetable stock.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Heat oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Saute onion and garlic until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.