This recipe was googled and struck a chord due to its North Indian-ness. The recipe was not copied to the word but adjusted to my taste and pantry.
Serves 2. No preparation required.
1. Cumin seeds
2. 3 tsp oil
3. A pinch of heeng
4. 3 tsp coriander powder
5. 1 tsp red chili powder
6. 1 tsp dried mango powder (amchoor)
7. 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
8. 1/2 boiled potato, cut in wedges
9. 1/2 cauliflower, cut in bite size pieces
10. few tbsp water.
11. Salt to taste
12. Bay leaf
13. Tomato, cut in bite size pieces
1. Heat a wok.
2. Add oil and then heeng and bay leaf.
3. Add cumin seeds to the oil and let it sizzle.
4. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, and red chili powder.
5. Mix then add cauliflower.
6. Add salt and water.
7. Cover and cook for 10 mins on medium flame.
9. Add boiled potato and a small tomato.
10. Cover and cook for another 5-10 mins till al-dente.
11. Add amchoor powder (mango powder) and mix.
Serve hot with Roti.
Simple yet tasty.